I’ll be honest here. Once upon a time, when Sephora was only a quick stop in a long line of store-visiting during trips to Disney World it used to drive me crazy. I would go in, stare, say “I have no idea what to do with any of this” and leave. However, after my freshman 15 I had to focus on maintaining the rest of me and so I found my way around that place – and it’s my new FAO Schwartz. In the hopes you won’t feel lost in a maze of people, perfumes and eyeshadows I have devised a safe and comfortable way to get around to the good stuff without losing your mind.
I know we’re all used to one brand because it makes things soooo much easier when you just walk up to any counter and get one of each “thingy”. But there are so many different brands and so many different products, it’s worth knowing more or less what they have that’s good.
- Bobbi Brown – must have: the concealer kit. We talked about it before, so between that and the skin products (foundations and whatnot), Bobbi Brown has some amazing deals. I also enjoy the eyeshadows, though I try not to buy shadows by themselves, its usually too much and not used too often – not gonna lie, I prefer palettes. But I digress. Also, if you’re into gel liners try out the Longwear Gel Liner ($21.00) – don’t forget the liner brushes
- Make Up For Ever - I love so many things about this brand, its gonna sound like I’m selling it (hey, Make Up For Ever people, if you’re reading this by any chance, I’m totally available for the job – seriously, count me in). First, skin products; the whole HD line I talked about (concealer, foundation, finishing powder) and my new discovery: the HD highlighter. Now that I think about it, I guess I am kind of photoshopped after all…
- Urban Decay – Eye shadows are beautiful…. I recently bought the Naked Palette (lucky day, they never have it), amazing colors and quality. Too bad they only had a teaser photo
- Laura Mercier - Shadows. Bronzer. Concealer. Primer. Tinted moisturizer (for people who can…)
- Smashbox - like I said in the skin tutorial the O-Glow blush is a great product. I also noticed they have a new HD collection for beginners, it comes with instructions and everything – practical right?
- Temptu - I am not the biggest advocate for spray makeup, its no secret. However, one of these days I was speaking to a girl who told me she had acne and this product was amazing at covering it up. I was curious about the summer products they have as well! If anyone knows about it let me know!